One of the major advantages of carpeting is its versatility. At Floor Coverings International Howard County, we carry carpets perfect for any home, room, or look and feel. There are soft frieze carpeting perfect for bedrooms and sturdier textured—a favorite for Columbia living rooms. Less common in homes, but still a great option, is loop pile carpet. Read on for more information about this sturdy, stylish carpeting option.
What is Loop Pile?
There are two major types of carpeting: woven and tufted. Humans wove the oldest carpets in existence thousands of years ago. The preferred method for today’s wall-to-wall carpeting is tufting, a process where yarn is injected into a backing material. This process results in hundreds of rows of loops. When the loops are left intact, you have loop pile carpeting. When the loops are cut into twos, you get cut pile.
Advantages of Loop Pile Carpeting
The main advantage of loop pile carpet is its durability. When the loops are severed to create cut pile carpeting, you sacrifice durability for comfort. Although loop pile carpets aren’t as comfortable as cut pile carpets, they are hard to beat in terms of strength and longevity. That’s why you find them in many office and even retail environments.
In addition, loop pile carpeting is:
- Versatile: we carry hundreds of loop pile options, from soft Berber to hardy carpet squares for commercial applications. They come in a variety of colors and materials, including natural fibers like wool and synthetic fibers like nylon.
- Gorgeous: you can find loop pile carpeting in many homes in the greater Columbia, Ellicott City, Cooksville, Clarksville, MD area because it complements many aesthetics.
In the market for new carpeting? Learn more about the benefits of loop pile carpets from your local flooring experts at Floor Coverings International Howard County. With thousands of options to choose from, you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Area Rugs
- Berber Carpet in Columbia, Ellicott City, and Beyond
- Carpet Tiles and Carpet Squares
- Cut Pile Carpeting in Columbia
- Frieze Carpet in Columbia, MD
- Nylon Carpet in Columbia
- Office Carpeting in Columbia, Maryland
- Plush Carpet in Columbia
- Sisal Carpeting
- Stair Carpeting in Columbia, Ellicott City, and Beyond
- Wool Carpet in Columbia, MD
- Your Columbia, MD Carpet Flooring Store
Photo © Bill Kennedy